Saturday, April 21, 2007

Leg Numbness After Hitting My Head

Zguid 240km Laundry Super



Departure at 8:00, we take the trail the day before hoping to go a little further.
straight easy track, I missed a track right, you pull the cap up in the gravel to tar the pass. After the cervix is seen on the right a little goat path that climbs to another small pass, we take it. At the summit we descend on foot to see how it looks, it goes, nice little road single track, back in the plain, bypassing the Jebel, we arrive at Tagounite half off track to hit the road until Mhamid.






A Mhamid the wind up and begins to blow hard, the guides will jump on it,'' Chegaga dunes are higher than Chebbi (liar), you'll lose you (and GPS time), the track is very hard etc. ''... after a while I get angry a little and ask a guide for cutting rasta tell me to stop salads because it starts to get drunk.


We made some purchases, sardines, "Laughing Cow" bread, the basic elements of what.
was enough fuel to reach Foum Zguid but to be safe we decided to add 5 liters each. We are told to exit a store that sells gasoline can. Here we go.
We park in front and there big time rock and roll.
I put the stand, unscrew the gas cap, and I do not know why I decided to bike down the right. I must say I'm a little short legs and the bike is high.
In trying to pass my left leg over the bike, I hang the bag with the heel, I lost balance and fell backwards on my ass, I train in the movement that I see the motorcycle to fall to its I turn on the wide open tank, gas flowing afloat. I sit up a bond with the bike is not contained rage ....
I'm drenched to the waist of gasoline.
course gasoline begins to burn me what you imagine (fortunately no one was smoking in the corner). Soon I
Bignou on fire. Legs a little too but there is nothing.
I go boots, socks, turned the futal, grab a water bottle in my backpack and I poured it into the Calbut,''could .... it stings ...''
In record time I untie the baggage (every morning we go from 20 to 30 minutes at any harness) catches a boxer and my jeans, I put myself naked in the street, the kids are around exploded with laughter, I give a burst of fleet, with a dry my shirt, puts on jeans and calbard, all in two minutes flat, phew things are getting better.
A guy comes out of the shop and makes me a saxophone to put myself naked in the street, I do apologize but there was an emergency.


Bon bin, now we own to cross the erg. As you travel light, I have a pair of jeans.


I only have to wash my pants motorcycle. I enter the shop, wonder if they have a tub and laundry, it sends me to the toilet and get it, I'll spare you the description of the premises. I filled the bucket snorkeling and returns to the streets to do my laundry. Washing, drying, rewashing, re-spin, it still stinks as much gasoline, it will give up the third way.



wash (30 ° is written on the label)


Spin


I put the pants motorcycle, I'm cool, but not more ill, given the heat that I had.
Guide Rasta passes the time and laughs.


It takes 5 liters of gas, I buy two bottles of water. Well here we go?.


We attack the track, sandy, one double 2 Toy registered in the 38, it's better than earlier. It attacks a little sand, and then parts of reg, stony, then sand, then re-pebbles etc. ... We sail on the Cape, it's nice, for against the wind is still there and force a little.
In Poops I just shambles, not easy to keep a course and find the right passage in the small dunes, riding feeling in the sand begin to return. But the bike is heavy with bags when to put the foot to recover, we included them in the calves. In short the bike loaded or empty in the dunes is not the same music.
In the distance a wind of sand is formed, it continues in the rocks. Before the sky gets really dark, I m'ensable.
We stop, we made the point. I look at the map and GPS, there is a loophole in the north where you can join a track that bypasses the erg. We will consult and decide to get out of there.


In erg

Heading north, we find the track quickly, south on the erg is all black. This track is a hell, there will be a session of hammer on about 100 terminals, except the passage by the lake Iriki. Pinfles want some of you in here.





The storm over Chegaga


Before the village of Sidi Zaouia, premises and stop us asking for gasoline for the moped, they proposes to siphon into the tank of Patrick, meanwhile behind us we hear the thunder rumbling, you see lightning, I think we took the right decision. They offer us tea, but we saw what follows we declined the invitation and they cut the track.


We arrive at what I believe to be the lake IRIKI but at the sight of the track on the map I think it's just the northern edge of the lake, at least it's a completely flat shott , dry sand in the wind we do not see 50 meters, there are barely large cairns (1m tall) that line the runway. And then resume the pebbles.
Tracking twenty or thirty miles before doubling Foum Zguid a column of 7 Jeep Cherokee, it had already doubled 3 Algeciras on the highway before one of which bears number plates Rally Aicha gazelles. They are mostly registered in 17. We stop, the guys offer us a beer, fresh moreover, asks if he wants to see a blind man, of course we want the beer. They are very well equipped with fridge and everything.


We leave my bike more and more difficult to start (kick), even I have to warm the starter, we'll see later. Shortly after we arrive at Foum Zguid. Phew.
At the entrance of the village we cross two BMWs, a 1200 and a 1150 GS, two guys who go down to the Finistere Dakar. They talk two minutes and each of its road.
'' Hey Patrick, it is ground, eh! ''


Foum Zguid center cafe Chez Rachid

We stop in the square Zguid Foum, the exact spot where we had stopped eight years ago Gege and with Peter, who was Shibani skewers (cooked, it's black when it's cooked) died, Rashid, his son who went by motorcycle to buy meat, is now the boss, he gained a few pounds and invites us to come and drink a drink in the evening. Meanwhile
Kefta Tagine, excellent. More than an hour after our arrival we see the Cherokee pass. This track, a 4x4 I would not do it. For
hostel choice is quickly made, there is only one, the hostel Iriki.
The shower is almost hot, I'm doing my laundry (socks and Calbut flavored super leaded). It returns home
Rashid, whiskey, and not true Berber, the last true if you will, better to put the coca and then some to swallow, he moved the guy. Rachid full project 8 years ago he wanted to go camping, I think it has messed up, there he has a project guest house, but''traditional''eh. Nice discussion, it is a smart, he will come out


Back at the inn, dinner and bedtime. The day was eventful.
'' Says Patrick, therefore, do not you think it smells a little gasoline in the room? ''.

Outside the wind is harsh.


The following .....

0 comments:

Post a Comment